Monday, January 3, 2011

Post #121: On Becoming Canadian

Last week I got a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

It was a NOTICE TO APPEAR - TO TAKE THE OATH OF CITIZENSHIP.

It included this PERMISSION RELEASE - MEDIA CONSENT FORM.  (You can click on the image if you want to read it.  Use the back button to return to the post.)
I will show up on January 11, 2011 at 10:30 a.m. for the ceremony.

I will solemnly repeat that OATH OR AFFIRMATION OF CITIZENSHIP.

And I will sign the Citizenship Ceremony - Permission Release to allow the media to photograph, video, and/or record me at the ceremony.

It is an important occasion.

I have been a Landed Immigrant/Permanent Resident for 63 years.

It's been a long time coming, but a week from tomorrow I am going to become a Canadian.

And I am happy for that.

Just wondering if I'm supposed to start watching hockey -- have to do some research on this being Canadian thing.

2 comments:

  1. I love blogging. You all express your feelings the right way, because they are your feeling, focus on your blog it is great.

    ReplyDelete